Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Mystery is Solved!



I finished up my mystery quilt piecing late last night and I am so excited. This was my first mystery and I ran into a couple of snags but I love how it finally ended. I cleared out a lot of stash on this one. I had barely enough to finish the body of the quilt but when I went to do the borders (SIX of them, mind you!) I didn't have enough of the background fabric, so I dug through my stash and found a mottled light fabric that I figured would work since it was a border. Then I ran out of multi colored batik so I had to dig again and found a similar fabric and thought since the pieced border only had 1 inch squares, no one would be able to tell it wasn't the original fabric. I also ran out of dark green and couldn't find any similar fabric in my stash or in the quilt shops but, believe it or not, I found some great fabric at JoAnn's. Would you believe it was $12.99 a yard? I was stunned. Luckily, I had a 40% off coupon and didn't need a whole bunch. So, finally, it is all done.

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks wonderful! I finished mine a couple of days ago. I love the way one quilt pattern can look som different, depending on the fabrics used. Here's mine, http://eagleswingsquilts.blogspot.com/2010/11/another-finish.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful Viki! That is a great result for a mystery quilt!

    ReplyDelete