Monday, March 21, 2011

Busy weekend

I went to Threads of Time in Danville with a group of friends Friday evening and Saturday, had a great time of fellowship, making friends with 2 other groups of quilters, and getting many UFO's completed.

The first to get completed was the quilt I found a couple of months ago in a box on a shelf that had been started years ago and forgotten. I put on the final border and now it is hanging on a hanger waiting for a break in my schedule to be quilted.


The next to be finished was this lap batik quilt. I had a dickens of a time trying to find a fabric for the itty bitty border to separate the center of the quilt from the border. The green was just such an odd color that I could match nothing. A young girl from the store of the retreat finally brought me a piece of the ugliest fabric I think I've ever seen and suggested I use that. I thought, you've got to be kidding but when I auditioned a little sliver of it, it worked! I guess Bonnie Hunter is right...There is no ugly fabric, just fabric that hasn't been cut small enough. Here's the ugly fabric and then a picture of it in the quilt.

And now the quilt:



And now a closeup.

I also got the center of a Triple Irish Chain pieced but it has no border yet, so I'll save that picture for another time.

Finally I got the back pieced for my MQS quilt!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - you have been so busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you and your completion of UFO's. I'm working on Bonnie's Roll Roll Cotton Boll. Not sure it will be done by Paducah time. I really like that ugly fabric.

    ReplyDelete