Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Quilt of the Week - Betty's Bethlehem Star

Betty does it again! I wonder if she ever just makes a log cabin every now and then? I





struggled with the center design. I got everything stitched but the light around the star. I even had the little points stitched but just blanked out for the rest. I posted to a couple of chats and asked for ideas. Joanne hit the jackpot (Too bad there isn't really a prize). She suggested breaking up the curved area with a double row of straight lines and feathering the outside. Well, that got me off and running. I decided since there was so much curviness going on, I'd incorporate some crosshatching. I don't do that much because it takes so much time, but this quilt told me it was worth it.

5 comments:

  1. This is totally, completely, absolutely, insanely STUNNING!!!! Fabulous quilting. I want to be you when I grow up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely worth the time! It is gorgeous! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fabulous! I love all of the quilting that you did on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, both the quilt and the quilting.

    ReplyDelete