Thursday, December 29, 2011

Island Chain

I finally got around to getting a quilt of mine quilted. Straight lines are by no means my favorite thing to do but the chains needed them keep them looking like chains. This quilt drove me nuts from the piecing through the quilting process. In the piecing, I kept turning the squares so the chains didn't make chains. I probably used enough thread to make another quilt from what I unstitched. Then came the quilting. I kept forgetting to turn the corners of the chains and stitched to the edge. Rip, rip, rip. Aarrggg! Anyway, it's now done! Now onto my Hunter's Star.


2 comments:

  1. I really like the straight line quilting on the chain design, very stunning. Love the fabrics too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful choice in quilting design, it really has made the quilt.

    ReplyDelete