Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Some Works in Progress

I've spent some time working on my crayon challenge. I drew 2 crayons from a bag and got silver and dark green. The challenge is to come up with a quilt with those 2 colors and a background. I did have to buy some silver, sparkly fabric but most of this quilt was in my stash. I even found enough stash for the small light green border and the dark border. I don't usually mix my regular fabrics with batiks, but this batik dark green went so well with the other fabrics that I broke my rule. I still have 4 more rows of 3.5 inch blocks and then add those borders. The challenge isn't due until August so I think I've got a pretty good start and the deadline seems do-able. I recently bought a great shiny silver thread to quilt it.

1 comment:

  1. Love you crayon project. Darn, I didn't get colors. LOL. Glad I didn't get in on this one.

    ReplyDelete