Saturday, January 11, 2014

So sad, the rain is washing away all my snow.

I am one of the very few who loved our little blizzard. And boy did I love it! Nothing is so clean or bright white as a freshly fallen snow. It makes all my giggles start, just like when I was a kid. I threw a few more logs in the wood stove, and after the wind died down, I pulled on the boots, wrapped up in layers and a down coat and gloves and out I went. The walk was too beautiful for words. Trees were bent to the ground in snow and how cool it was to see a foot of snow stacked on a fence post. The quiet of a snow is deafening. I love the absolute silence! Many of you know I love to snow dye and was planning on doing some more but the snow didn't last long enough for me to do everything I wanted in it. I did try something I saw on Facebook (and remember, you can't always believe all you see on FB). I grabbed a bottle of bubbles and in the -17 degree weather, tried to blow bubbles that would freeze. Well, the experiment kind of worked. My bubbles froze to a consistency of cellophane and most broke when they touched the ground. A few did ok but not the beautiful picture from FB, which is the 1st picture with the gold and crystals. It was fun, though, and once my fingers finally thawed out, I had great memories.





2 comments:

  1. You make me miss home...I love a fresh snow fall. I will have to try frozen bubbles one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you - I love the fresh clean new snow! and it is deafening! Miss it out here - we get rain, not snow most of the time :(

    ReplyDelete