Monday, March 31, 2014

Finally off the Needles

Finally finished! The first sweater I did from this pattern took less than a month to finish. This one I have been working on since January 1 and I probably unknitted more than I knitted. That just doesn't make any sense. Aren't you supposed to get better as you go along?

Now I am knitting the Lala's Simple Shawl from Handmaiden yarn of 50% wool 50% silk. Unfortunately, this is going the same path as the sweater. I have spent so much time unknitting and reknitting this silly thing. It isn't that it is a difficult pattern, I just always manage to be a stitch off when I check the count. I have been using needles that a friend gave me that she bought at an auction but my new needles arrived yesterday that I bought after reading a knitting blog post about needles. The new ones are Addi Turbo Lace needles. I have the shawl transferred to the new needles, which have wonderful small points, and hope to give them a good workout this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment