Sunday, July 20, 2014
Camp Loopy Project 2
This project has been a struggle from the beginning. I started with Avens pattern and the front was a terrible fit, way too long in the torso and with all the decreases to make the neckline, I wasn't sure if I could adjust it, so I just picked a pattern I knew I could knit.
I have discovered cotton is not my favorite yarn. It is pretty, drapey, and soft, but I guess I'm just not ready for the tension struggles with it. It is so different from wool or wool blends. It just has no squishiness at all and it shows up every little bobble I make. I'm going back to Madelinetosh wool for Project 3. In the meantime I think I'll knit a cowl to get my confidence back up.