Saturday, July 26, 2014

Yarn Report

I finished up my Pedestrian Cowl and now I need to get 5 buttons for the closure. I really loved making this and I conquered a bit of patterning. The yarn is Malabrigo Rios in Iris and it was my first time using Malabrigo. It was lovely to use and I think the variegation worked out well for this pattern.



I figured since I finished up the Camp Loopy Project #2 and finished my cowl, I could get some more yarn. I was looking for a clear blue for my Camp Loopy Project #3 sweater and had pretty much decided on Mourning Dove Madelinetosh sport, but as I was looking for the color, I found the yarn in Blue Jeans Baby and fell in love. It is so beautiful! I got the BJB for the camp sweater, but still loved the MD so I got enough for another sweater. Move over quilting! Make room for knitting!

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your knitting journey. Thank you for sharing it.
    Does your yarn shop not wind your yarn for you? If not, maybe you should ask them to. It's a wonderful time saver and also makes the cutest little balls of yarn!

    Maggie in Arizona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have a winder that my daughter and husband got me for Christmas and it is really fun to do. I just hadn't got these wound yet. My local yarn shop has odd hours and I find it is just easier to order my yarn on line.

      Delete