Sunday, February 28, 2010
Saturday, I was just in a funky mood and didn't want to work on customers' quilts because when I'm not in the right mood, I end up reverse stitching more than stitching. I had resolved to make one NICU baby quilt a month and was just in the mood for doing little projects. I had such a fine time that by Monday, I'll be chomping at the bullet to get back to customers' quilts.
I managed to piece, although some of the tops had been started, and quilt 5 little quilts. The fairies had been pieced for a couple of months, just not quilted. The pastel one started with a block Annabel had pieced and didn't need to finish her quilt, so I added a pieced border plus some other borders. I then quilted it with a Ribbon pattern that never gets used but is so cute. The one made from flannel squares, I made so I could try out a new pantograph quilting design. The Tulip quilt was made from blocks I had started for a bed quilt about 7 years ago and don't have a room with that color scheme anymore. I have enough for about 4 more NICU quilts. The Duckies quilt was pieced about 6 years ago when I was trying out a new embroidery design. Now I've managed to use up lots of useless pieces and come up with useful gifts for sweet babies in crisis. It was a very good day!