Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Making progress on the challenge.

My guild put forth a charity challenge a few months ago and it is due in July so I've got to get cracking. A brown paper bag was passed around and we each drew 2 crayons from the bag from which we are to make a quilt by adding only a background. I drew lime green and orange. I have nine, yup, nine 33 x 20 x 6 containers full of scraps and guess who didn't have orange or lime green. It's kind of hard to believe, isn't it? Now I've got tons of blue, yellow, pink, and dark and soft gray-green, but no lime or orange. And guess what? The quilt stores don't have any either! I finally had to order some from ebay. At least I had the black. This is my start. I'm not sure just how I'll set the blocks yet, but I've got a plan for the border. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Those look great! Can't wait to see it come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun! I love the challenges your guild does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW my kind of colors. Can't wait to see this one.

    ReplyDelete