Monday, December 19, 2011

A Few Small Gifts

I needed a few small projects this week. Our guild is having a hotpad exchange at our Christmas party and I needed a birthday gift that I wanted to be homemade. I have been making the blocks for a quilt and I loved the pattern but it was way too big, so I cut the block down about half and then it was too small so I added a little border. For the first time, I put the binding on with my long-arm machine. I worked great until I trimmed it with the rotary cutter and got too close to the corner. I ended up having to take the nicked binding off and doing it the old fashioned way. So much for saving time.

3 comments:

  1. Love that pattern. What is it? Those are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The block pattern is from Scrap-basket Sensations. I changed the sizes to 1, 2, and 3 inches so it came out about 1/2 sized, which was too small, so I added the red border and that made it about right. I love that book! I've made 2 quilts from it already and have 3 more bookmarked and cut out. I'll be working on those at Miss Mary's. Hope you can come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Viki, you'll only do that corner trick once....ask me how I know?

    Merry Christmas my Friend to You and Yours from Me and Mine!

    ReplyDelete