Saturday, April 28, 2012

Ah, Paducah!

I got up at 4:00 am Thursday and headed to the Paducah show. At a little before 10:00, I was sucking up inspiration from quilt. I'm posting a few of my favorites, unfortunately without the quilters' names as I thought they would be with the pictures in the book I bought but it turns out I bought the wrong book so have no names. When I bought the show book, it only had the vendors' names and addresses and adds in it, not the quilts I was expecting.
I was very excited to see this quilt which showed this lovely lacy design. I had never thought of making an uneven edged design in a space and actually leaving some of the space empty. This really tickled my fancy. I talked to the quilter who was sitting with her quilt and she was a dear, Judy Woodworth. She was kind and sweet and even took a couple of closeup pictures for me because I couldn't get close enough to the quilt.
This applique beauty blew me away. Can you believe all this applique with so much detail?
As usual, the unusual always grabs my attention. I love bright colors and curvy shapes.
I think this was my absolute favorite from Australia. The detail, creativity, and machine quilting were incredible!
An art quilt that took my fancy.
Loved the quilting on this one. It is amazing how the quilting can really enhance a simple design.
This was actually a very small quilt. The detail was wonderful! And then there was the fabric. Yes, I fell prey to Hancock's Fabric. I bought several pieces of neutral batik, so hard to find locally and a couple of beautiful accent pieces. At Angie's in Effingham, Illinois, I bought a white on white and a cream on cream piece for backgrounds for upcoming quilt that are not batiks. They were not the usual tone on tone pieces. One had a bit of a sheen and the other had a rather elaborate design that was larger than most tone on tones. I got home at around 5:30 and laid down for down for a short nap at 7:00 pm and woke up at 5:30 this morning. Some nap, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment