Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Preparation for Camps

I'm getting excited as I have 2 camps I'll be attending in the next few weeks, one at Camp Tecumseh the first part of Sept. for 3 days and one in Shipshewanna the later part of October for a few days. To prepare for them, on Sunday afternoons I cut out patterns and prepare "kits" to work on with each block being put in little baggies and a sample block made up to make sure I understand the directions. That way I don't have to think much at camp and can visit with my friends while getting a bunch accomplished. Here is a sneak peek at what I'll be working on, as well as 6 more candy cane placemats, my trees art quilt and the wall hanging that uses the Lemoyne star I posted last week.
This one is from Midnight Quilts and will be about 80 inches square.
This one is a "Must Finish" modern quilt (way out of my box) for a wedding the last of September. The next one will be a fast one using some Berenstein Bears fabric I couldn't resist.
And to top it off, I'm still working on a Civil war quilt I started about 3 years ago and get a few blocks done at each camp. I think I've got plenty to keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment