Friday, September 28, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I quilted my August/Sept. Flickr challenge (1 or 2 colors plus a background and a holiday theme) today. I used Anne Bright's Christmas Bells for the quilting of my placemats. My camera absolutely hates red so this is the best I could get. It is not at all pink, but a marbled dark and Christmas red. Six have candy canes as the focus and six have the lights as the focus. I didn't have enough of either fabric to make them all the same, but I kind of like having 2 kinds. I don't usually decorate more than the tree at Christmas but got to thinking placemats might be fun. I just recently got a pattern for a bells block and may put 3 together for a table runner for my sideboard. I have always been very adamant about keeping Christmas all about Christ so have just never got into the decorating thing, but I figure Jesus would probably like candy canes and bells, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment