Monday, October 15, 2012

Shipshewanna Here I Come!

After working dawn to deep night on customer quilts, I spent Sunday cutting out "kits" to take to my Shipshewanna retreat Thursday though Sunday. I hope to complete these 3 quilts and have taken a couple of others from past retreats that didn't get finished to fill in the gaps if I get these done. I know, it sounds a bit overly hopeful to even get these 3 done, especially with the fall colors, wonderful places to eat, and heavenly quilt shops to visit. The first quilt kit is a Hunter's Star. The lighter blue with brown blends it a bit much for the star, but I love the color and will go ahead and use it if I don't find a perfect piece in Shipshe and just Stitch-in-the-ditch while using wool batting around the star pieces to make them stand out a bit more. The next one is a Lemoyne Star wall hanging using a 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, a couple of 5, a few 4, and a couple of 3 inch lemoyne star blocks. The final quilt is a bright batik quilt I saw a friend make at the September retreat at Camp Techumseh. I just couldn't pass that pattern up.

No comments:

Post a Comment