Saturday, June 22, 2013

Finally, the perfect pizza crust

I've been searching for years for the perfect pizza crust and sauce. Mostly, they have been dry, too tough, or tasteless. After trying dozens, I think I've got it. I had been reading many blogs and discovered to use less flour (a whole cup less than I had been)and add olive oil to it. Then I needed to perfect a sauce. I think I've come up with a pretty good one using tomato paste, sauce, basil pesto, garlic and some dried hot peppers. I also read one blog where the onions and peppers were sauteed before adding to the toppings. I also added some sun dried tomatoes and minced garlic cloves to the saute mix. Now I'm not supposed to eat cheese so I just left that off my half but the spices and sautéed veggies had plenty of taste, though I may add even more next time to my half.

No comments:

Post a Comment