Sunday, September 8, 2013

Camp Accomplishments

I spent Thursday afternoon and night, Friday, and Saturday till about 6:30 pm at Camp Tecumseh for quilt camp. It was such a delight being among quilting friends and getting a bit of my own piecing done. The brown quilt is about 30 inches square and was a design challenge. We were given some guide lines and then we had to take it to a new level with our own ideas. Some of my ideas worked, a few... not so well. In the end, the quilt turned out pretty well with absolutely NO fabric left of the brown batik. I even had to piece a couple of corners before I was able to cut out the shapes. The blue and yellow quilt still needs another row of stars, some filler blocks, and blue border, but that will have to wait until my next camp experience in October. I was delighted to get my September clue finished for my Laquidara/Welsh Mystery. So, it wasn't as much done as I had hoped but then visiting with friends takes priority over quilting and I enjoyed so much of that while there.

No comments:

Post a Comment