Friday, October 25, 2013

Growing sweater

This is my growing sweater from my first knitting project since 4-H over 45 years ago, which was a pair of slippers. Actually, it's not my first project. I did knit an earwarmer for a little practice first. I have passed the increases on the lower half of the sweater and am starting to have my doubts now. I'm hoping it will smooth out when it is blocked. It has been great fun and the yarn is 100% alpaca and is so soft. Even if I never wear it in public, I can wear it at home and just caress it. I'm sure the ribbing at the bottom, the button banding and the sleeves will make it look very different. I'm just hoping I can get to the bottom before class on Tuesday so I can be instructed in putting the band on.

6 comments:

  1. beautiful sweater!! I think we are knitting the same pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweater looks so touchable!!! I say the same thing about my projects - if I just wear them around home I'll get plenty of pleasure out of them. I actually get enough pleasure just out of the knitting process - wearing them is a bonus LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Viki, I think it is beautiful and you will look lovely wearing it. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 100% alpaca....yum!!! I hope it get lots of wear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress on your sweater--so many wonderful yarns on the market

    ReplyDelete