Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Jemma Didn't Play Well

Had a terrible time with the Jemma pattern, originally what this yarn was for. It was not an easy pattern to follow and after a lot of ripping out, I changed to this pattern. This one is going very quickly and I am anxious to see how it turns out. It has my first attempt at a placket and the sides have gussets that will give the sweater a little swing.

The Loopy Camp challenge is coming up for July and I have chosen Avens pattern knitted with cotton yarn, a new step for me. Also new is the pattern on the back that uses a chart. I knitted up the swatch with a bit of the pattern in it and it looks like I can do it. Another "new" for me is sewing pieces together because I've always made top down sweaters. I bought a Craftsy class online on sewing knitting together and hopefully it will be detailed enough that I can understand it. If not, I always have a knitting friend to bail me out. I hope there are enough hours to complete the Jemma before July 1.





No comments:

Post a Comment