Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm Back to Work



I'm finally back to working full time again. I thought I could jump right back in after the funeral but I was wrong. It took awhile for everything to sink in. I'd quilt about an hour and then just need to walk in the trees and flowers and breathe awhile, but today I jumped right in and I'm having fun again. The red and white quilt is Linda's. She has been patiently waiting for me to finish it. I actually started it 2 weeks ago and just finished up this morning. I had a pretty large border so I used a new technique I learned at a class in Kansas City this spring. I divided the border into 3 separate parts, then quilted it. I think I really like this technique. It adds interest to the borders. Now I'm moving on the the next quilt. I have 3 large quilts and a smaller one to be done this week so I'd better be hopping.

1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful quilting. Linda is going to be so excited. I love that quilt and you have made it really wonderful. Counting the days till camp.

    ReplyDelete