Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Some Piecing for Me
I just finished up piecing my Snow Flower. I got the pattern 4 years ago in Nevada and started piecing it at a quilt camp in September. I finally finished up the center part and found that it was too small. The pattern gave measurements for a queen sized bed as 7 blocks by 7 blocks and it was really the measurement for 6 x6 so I managed to make enough blocks to make it 7 x 8 blocks and then had to come up with a border that would extend length and width. I dug through my stash and found the light green and the dark pink and had enough for a couple of small borders from each color. Digging deeper I found the large border fabric that amazingly matched the colors of the pieced center. Voila! It is big enough now. Now I'm going to sit down and draw out some quilting designs on my Bamboo tablet and hopefully find time to quilt it before the end of the year.