I needed a few small projects this week. Our guild is having a hotpad exchange at our Christmas party and I needed a birthday gift that I wanted to be homemade. I have been making the blocks for a quilt and I loved the pattern but it was way too big, so I cut the block down about half and then it was too small so I added a little border. For the first time, I put the binding on with my long-arm machine. I worked great until I trimmed it with the rotary cutter and got too close to the corner. I ended up having to take the nicked binding off and doing it the old fashioned way. So much for saving time.