Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Some dyeing today

I tried to dye some fabric to make a quilt for our bedroom that goes with my new art I got in Alaska. Some work, some don't. I only did half yard pieces until I found just the right colors. The rose, light mustard, and safari gray work really well. The Brazilnut come close but don't know if close enough. The mink didn't make the cut as it is to much of a golden colored brown instead of the grayed brown. The darker mustard seems a bit strong so maybe if I use a little less dye, it will work. I am doing a talk for our guild on hand dyeing, snow dyeing and ice dyeing in October so what doesn't work will still be good for sample for the talk.