Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Another First for Me

I always love trying new things but this one has me beat. I stitched down the appliqué with my longarm as I was quilting. It is nerve wracking, mostly because I'm a perfectionist when it comes to quilting and it is impossible to stay right on the edge of the appliqué. I took a class once that said to do more painting than sewing so there are several lines of stitching instead of just an outline. Do I like it? Not very well. It just doesn't have that nice crisp finished look that I like. Perhaps I'll get used to it in time, but it will take time. I really prefer satin stitch but these little lines are just too tiny.

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! Nice to know, I'm attempting this next week. Very professional finish based on the photos. You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete