Thursday, January 26, 2012

It's Retreat Time

I'm off for a 4 day retreat! I have great expectations as I take along 6 quilts to finish. I realize those expectations are a bit high, but, heck, it could happen. The first is my Daddy's Memory. When my daddy died last June, my guild members each gave me a batik fat quarter and this is the quilt I'm making with them.
This is from my trip to Paducah last year, the swirly focus fabric coming from Angie's in Effingham, Illinois on the way down. Oops, that light blue batik fabric doesn't go with this quilt.
This was a recent purchase from Rossville Quilts.
I fell in love with this Blueberry Crumb cake fabric line and is the first time ever buying all the fabric from the same line.
This one's called Sherman's March and is the first Civil War reproduction quilt I've ever made. The fabrics were bought many years ago, the pattern about 4 Paducah trips ago. It's a long time coming. I really like it, just feel more cheerful working with brighter fabrics, so I only work a couple of hours on it at a time and only at retreats. Perhaps a few more years and it'll be finished.
This little gem is a pattern given to me by my daughter when she was living a few months in West Virginia. She knows I collect patterns from each state I visit and she found this little wall hanging from a local pattern designer.

Stay tuned for next week's post of what I actually have finished quilt tops. Now who do you suppose I can get to quilt these?

1 comment:

  1. Those look like lovely project to work on. Have a good time a retreat. With all the quilting for others that you do, it's necessary to take time to work on stuff for yourself as well.

    ReplyDelete