Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Retreat Finale Minus Binding

Here is one of the quilts I finished piecing at the retreat. The fabric is from the Moda line called Blueberry Crumb Cake and the pattern is from the book, Scrap-Basket Sensations, my 3rd quilt from that book. I used wool batting because it is soft and drapes nicely and gives nice definition to the quilting. I was able to finish piecing one other quilt and would have finished a third if I hadn't goofed a 3.5 inch block without having brought extra fabric. I think I'll put it back on the quilting frame and put a small design in the little brown border. It seems too puffy to me to leave it without some quilting.

3 comments:

  1. What a great job... Love it...There is something about this color combo that I always like...I would also love to see some of these other ones you took on your retreat...Did you do the Bali's (dark blue/pale pink peach/and cream one )one? I have some similar fabrics and have not decided what to do with them...
    Thanks for sharing! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost done, Janet. I goofed one 3 1/2 inch block and didn't take any extra fabric. I'll probably get it done this weekend. I've got to work on customer quilts during the week. The yellow batik quilt is all pieced.

    ReplyDelete